From Season to Season Park City is Loaded with Things to Do
There are vacations, and then there are Park City vacations! Regardless of the season, guests to this charming Rocky Mountain ski town delight in the shopping, dining, entertainment and lodging options available to them. You could literally keep yourself busy every single night with something to do! Choose between art classes, nightlife, ghost tours, live music, bowling, or just strolling up and down Main Street experiencing the shops and galleries. After exploring the terrain of Park City on skis, mountain bike or foot, guests delight in the opportunity to continue their Park City vacations well in to the night. Below is a list of five popular off-mountain activities in Park City.
Park City Vacations are Filled with Variety
- Park City Ghost Tours – Beginning at 8:00 PM every night, tour participants will begin a walk up Main Street and be treated to an evening filled with history and hauntings! The stories the tour guides weave have been researched and drawn from the rich Western history of Park City – a colorful history that lends itself to offering a variety of allegedly haunted structures throughout the Park City and Main Street area. If you believe in ghosts, you will be enthralled by the historical stories they have come across, and if you don’t believe in ghosts…you may just change your mind after this walking tour.
- Live Music – Almost every night in the summer and winter seasons you can find a live concert. Some are even free to the general public. The favorite summertime venue of locals and visitors alike is the Deer Valley amphitheater, located on the slopes of Deer Valley. Each Wednesday night, concert goers can enjoy free music by local and regional acts while picnicking with friends and family. In addition, the Utah Symphony Orchestra plays a handful of concerts each summer paired with national acts like Ben Folds, Willy Nelson and Steve Martin. You would be hard pressed to find a better way to spend your evening! With live concerts hosted almost every night, most Park City vacations are peppered with a live music experience at some point! During the winter, there are numerous concert venues lined up and down Main Street. Music lovers can choose between national DJ acts, large national acts and great local and regional bands.
- Spa – Park City Vacations generally include some sort of a spa experience. After all the exploring guests partake in, both on mountain and off, at some point some pampering is in order. A locals favorite spot is Rain Spa, located in Lespri. Located off Main Street, you’ll find the prices to be a bit more reasonable, but the experience to be on par with the fanciest of spas. The Spa director has created her own line of organic and holistic facial care products that she can barely keep in stock! The services provided are Zen inducing and you’ll find you leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, ready to begin exploring again!
- Gallery Stroll – The last Friday of every month is gallery stroll time on Main Street. Relax and take your time exploring the varied galleries that line Main Street. Most galleries offer delicious appetizers and beverages so you can eat and drink your way from gallery to gallery and explore the surprisingly large fine art scene in Park City. All Park City vacations should include a little time to explore the growing arts offerings. It rivals that of many big cities!
- Jupiter Bowl – Whether you’re bringing along the entire family, or looking for a fun and unique spot to watch the game, Jupiter Bowl located in Kimball Junction may just be the spot! The coolest bowling alley this side of the Rocky Mountains, bowlers can watch sporting events, on the massive screens located behind the lanes, enjoy food and drink specials, listed to great music and roll a few games all in the same place. It is truly an all-encompassing entertainment venue that even hosts a hip night club in the evenings. This upscale entertainment center has it all to keep everyone entertained! A must during your next Park City vacations.
Endless Fun in Park City
Park City vacations are easy to fill with seemingly endless activities! What’s your favorite off-mountain activity when you visit Park City?